We have your Safety, Enjoyment & health in mind above all else at The Original Hot Yoga.
WHY WE CHOSE THIS TYPE OF FLOORING.
We have a good reason for our choice in flooring. In a yoga studio that does not offer the Authentic Original Hot Yoga and Proper Temperature (you should be soaking wet) they can get away with vinyl flooring because there is not much sweating going on.
We have attended some Authentic Original Hot Yoga Studios who have attempted this and the result was giant hazardous trails/pools of other peoples sweat traveling all over the room that you get to slip, fall, and slosh through with your bare feet after each class. Yikes!
Our specialized flooring prevents this and the little contact you have with the floor is isolated only to your footprint. Not only is there is minimum contact with the flooring, this way there is also zero contact with other peoples sweat! The specialized mats utilized during class also prevent any sweat leakage. This system has worked for over 2 decades and is absolutely sanitary. The floor dries very quickly and is manufactured for wet conditions. There is a high powered air & surface sanitizer engaged throughout the entire experience, the aforesaid along with regular maintenance make it super clean, efficient and effective.
How is the Mold, Mildew, MOISTURE Repelling YOGA ROOM Flooring maintained?
- A professional grade sanitizing machine is utilized regularly completely saturating the flooring with sanitizing solution. After treating the flooring with the solution, the machine then removes all the leftover solution and any soil.
- Old Carpet flooring is Removed and Replaced Regularly with brand New Carpet. We have utilized this floor replacement method since opening in 2005.
- Why is this choice of flooring the most sanitary & safest?
- This is outdoor carpet for use on boats and patios. It has NO PAD underneath & is virtually non-existent, at 1/16" thick. It is glued directly to concrete floor below and receives constant vacuuming/ maintenance.
- OZONE* is used daily to completely sanitize the entire studio. Ozone is proven to kill COVID-19.
For over 19 years, we have sanitized the air and surfaces with Ozone after classes, maintained hand sanitizing/disinfecting stations throughout the school, along with routine deep cleaning with EPA-Certified Disinfectants. Click here to read more about OZONE.
- We utilize a HUGE fan to freshen up the room with outside air between classes.
- Sweat is your friend! Contrary to popular belief, sweat is actually sterile, and it is mostly salt, like the ocean! Sweat is antibacterial!
* ARTICLE - "Does ozone sterilization kill the Coronavirus which causes COVID-19?"
CUTTING EDGE SURFACE & AIR QUALITY EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN INSTALLED THROUGHOUT THE STUDIO TO HELP REDUCE THE SPREAD OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE.
We have consulted with Dr.'s from Munson Hospital and followed guidelines from the CDC in order do our best at providing a smart and safe environment.
As a result of the pandemic, we increased our safety and cleaning protocols even further. We added a NASA and FDA Certified medical device that sanitizes the air and surfaces (virus, bacteria, spores, mold, germs) while the yoga room is occupied, and are safe for use in hospital Neonatal rooms.
We also added a 3rd layer of viral, bacterial, germ, mold, spore, sanitation occurring in the air, while you are present, that "sanitizes within 3 feet of a 100 mile an hour sneeze" throughout the studio.
Lastly, No-Touch towel/recycle/trash bins were installed.
Students use special odor/germ killing detergent* on their gear and leak proof mats* for every workout. (*Available for Purchase)
Between back to back classes, you may notice that it seems stuffy, and doesn't seem as fresh as the first class of the morning or evening. This is just due to a bunch of hard working Yogis from the previous classes sweating hard! Rest assured the room clears out that stagnant air and brings in fresh air and is constantly sanitized as the second class goes on.
SWEAT DETERGENT* PLEASE!
Students who use our sweat removing detergent on their yoga towel, mats, and clothes will be less offensive to their neighbors and contribute to a friendlier environment. Yes, typically it's you or your neighbor who need to get some better detergent for those sweaty athletic clothes!! Sweat is your friend! Contrary to popular belief, sweat is actually sterile, as it is mostly salt, like the ocean! Sweat is actually antibacterial! (*Available for Purchase)
Sweat Facts & Recommendations
- Sweat Is: Mostly Toxins, Salt, Nitrite*, & Dermicidin*!
- It Cannot Transmit Any Germs, Viruses, Or Bacteria!
- It Fights Infection! Fights Off Staph (mrsa), Fungi, & Other Dangerous Bacteria On The Skin!
- *Nitrite: Converts To Nitric Oxide A Potent Gas With Broad Spectrum Antibacterial & Antifungul Properties!
- *Dermicidin: Is A Natual Antibiotic Or Antimicrobial Peptide Which Is What Kills Staph (mrsa) & Other Bad Bugs Resting On The Skins Surface!
- Purge Toxins, Dirt, & Oil From Deep Within! – Including But Not Limited To Toxic Metals: Cadmium, Aluminum, & Manganese!
- Purging Toxins Gives Immune System A Boost: Fights Off Colds & Flu!
- Keeps Your Face Clear! Opens Pores! Decreases Blackheads! Curbs Acne! Keeps Your Skin Looking Younger And Softer!
- Immune System Boost! Sweat Tells Immune System To Wake Up & Fight Off Whatever Is Ailing You!
- Boosts Metabolism! Increase This And Stimulate Immune System, & Maintain Healthy Weight!
- Keeps You Cool & Prevents Overheating! It Lets Your Body Get Rid Of Excess Heat So You Don't Overheat!
- Hotter Fires Makes Stronger Steel! Must Heat Metal To Bend It Safely!
- Healthy Circulation! Sweat Gland Activity Increases Blood Flow To The Skin Helping Spur On Your Circulatory System!
- Curbs Asthma! Guard Against Exercise Induced Asthma Just By Sweating!
- Wash The Body After Sweating To Prevent Blocked Sweat Glands Which Can Cause Heat Rash/Prickly Heat.
- Drink: About Half Your Body Weight In Ounces Of Water Per Day Plus Perhaps A Little More combined with Electrolytes & “Greens First” On Days You Practice.
- Proper Hydration & Electrolytes are a must for preventing dehydration. We sell high quality electrolytes at the studio. Dehydration is possible from subjecting your body to high heat as included with The Original Hot Yoga Class. Dehydration can lead to Heat Cramps & Exhaustion. Prior to your fist session, please view the above links from the Mayo Clinic for signs, prevention, and remedies for these conditions. If you do feel dizzy, nauseous, or lightheaded, please stop practicing, sit down, hydrate, step out and cool off.
- Less Contact With Other People's Sweat Here Than Any Other Sport!
- It Is As Hot As An Original Hot Class Or Hotter Near The Equator. More Than Half Of The World's Population Lives Near The Equator. (2 Billion In India Alone!)
If It's Not Hot Enough, You Aren't Getting The Healing & Detoxifying Benefits! Proper Heat Is Needed For Transformation!
DO I NEED TO TAKE DAYS OFF IN BETWEEN WORKOUTS?
No. Come every single day if you can. 3x a week is great, and more than that is life changing!! The more you attend the better you feel, and the more healing benefits you receive. If you are sore from the previous day class, the next class relives your soreness! If you are in pain you should attend class and use the sequence to relieve your pain, not take time off! It's powerful MEDICINE!!
IS IT NORMAL TO FEEL NAUSEOUS, OR DIZZY DURING MY FIRST FEW CLASSES AND TO HAVE A HEADACHE OR BE VERY TIRED AFTERWARDS?
Yes, this is normal for most new students. Practicing Yoga in a heated room diagnoses your present condition, and will inspire you to take better care of your body. You may feel tired after class as a result of the initial detoxification of the body. Most nausea, headaches, and dizziness can generally be avoided by hydrating with at least half your body weight in ounces of water, and taking electrolytes ½ hours prior to class. Very Good Electrolytes are available for purchase at the studio. With continued practice, we have found most migraines and common headaches are eliminated.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS?
There are unlimited benefits to Original Hot Yoga. It may reduce stress, increase blood circulation, improve strength and flexibility. Regular practice (minimum three times a week) can reduce the symptoms of many chronic diseases (i.e. arthritis, diabetes and thyroid disorders). It also promotes relaxation. Learn more
IS THIS A BEGINNER'S CLASS?
Yes. This series is specifically designed to be accessible for beginners and yet at the same time still challenging for more experienced students.
ARE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED?
No; however, we prefer it currently due to the pandemic as occasionally there may be a wait list, first-time students need to arrive 15 minutes prior to class to allow enough time for registration. You can save time by printing out the registration form online and bringing it to class with you. Minors need to have their parents sign and date the form as well. Online Sign-In.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO CLASS?
Women should wear shorts or thin cotton leggings and leotard, jog bra or halter top. Men should wear shorts and bathing trunks. Since the room is heated, you want to wear something that you feel comfortable sweating in. Men's and women's HOT Yoga wear available (for purchase) at the studio. Note: Sweat odors become embedded in your yoga gear over time, and you may become offensive unbeknownst to you. We recommend our specialized sweat removing detergent as the only worthy remedy to this problem.
WHY IS THE ROOM HEATED?
The room is intentionally heated to warm your muscles and allow you to work deeper and safer. The heat may also heal, helps prevent injurie and promote sweating which flushes toxins from your body. Learn more.
- Heat makes muscles and connective tissue more supple. This allows for increased and safer stretching.
- Heat thins the blood allowing for increased circulation.
- Heat causes heavy sweating which detoxifies the body.
- Heat increases heart rate and dilates capillaries, which provides for better cardiovascular results.
CAN I LOSE WEIGHT PERFORMING ORIGINAL HOT YOGA?
Yes! One class can burn well over 2000 calories, but that's not the only reason students slim down. Original Hot Yoga improves the body's ability to digest and eliminate food efficiently, while stimulating the glands responsible for regulating metabolism.
WHAT IF I'M NOT VERY FLEXIBLE?
This is the most common misconception that prevents people from coming to a yoga class. Yoga is not about how flexible you are, but about strengthening your body and spine in all directions. All that matters is that you try the right way, go to your personal "edge" and you will get 100 % of the benefit. Lack of flexibility is one of the main reasons people seek out Hatha Yoga. Original Hot Yoga is specifically designed for the safety and benefit of all students, regardless of flexibility.
IS IT A CARDIOVASCULAR WORKOUT AND CAN I LOSE WEIGHT?
Yes, it is harder than a marathon! It is the hardest workout in the world. Obtain maximum benefits at ANY fitness level. No matter what Yes. your level of fitness is, you will find Original Hot Yoga very challenging. Each posture combines flexibility, strength and balance to work your whole body from your bones to your skin. With persistence, patience and dedication, you can lose inches and develop muscle tone and strength that might never come from other forms of exercise.
WHAT IF I HAVE PAST INJURIES?
We recommend three times a week minimum to see changes, however this depends on level of results desired. One class is better than no class. Remember that this is incredible therapy for the mind and body, and can be especially useful for preventing and healing injury! There are no guarantees as everyone is different, however we have only seen tremendously positive responses over the years! Through consistent Original Hot Yoga practice, injured areas may begin to heal, scar tissue can break down and in its place healthy tissue will be regenerated. Bones that have been shifted out of alignment can be moved back to proper position relieving chronic pain.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I COME TO CLASS?
This depends on the level of results desired. Daily practice will give you the best results, however consistency is the most important factor. Practice as often as you can. For great results, practice a minimum of three times per week. For life changing results, practice six days per week. Six classes per week (with one day rest) is amazing. Remember that one class a week is also good, start getting into a routine and slowly add days!
WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU SELL?
- Coconut Water
- Knee Pad
- Massage Oils
- Massage Tools
- Meditation Beads
- Neti Pots
- Posture Correcting Braces
- Rare Ayurvedic Herbs & Supplies
- Rare Supplements
- Spiritual & Hatha Yoga Books
- Sweat Removing Detergent
- Water Bottles
- Wet Bags
- Yoga Accessories
- Yoga Clothes for Men & Women
- Yoga Mats
- Yoga Wheels
- and more!
IS THERE AN AREA FOR STORING PERSONAL ITEMS DURING CLASS?
Large Cubbies are provided but do not lock. Please leave valuables in your car.
ARE SHOWERS AVAILABLE?
Yes (soap, shampoo and conditioner are supplied).
HOW ARE THE RENTAL MATS SANITIZED?
Rental mats are sanitized with Ozone & Odoban.