Thank you for choosing THE Original Hot Yoga, "Where Everyone Fits In"!
We know you are goING TO love it!
First Time to the Studio?
You can sign up today online, and activate your account! Already have an account? Sign in to view your attendance history and make online purchases.
Please fill out a hard copy of the registration form upon arrival or print.
Under 18, registration form must be signed by parent.
If you are a tourist or a local traveling outside a 75 mile radius see Covid Protocol.
Improve Flexibility, Strength & Balance.
Lose Weight, Reduce Stress. Perfect for All Beginners!
10 Days Unlimited for $25. Available to Residents who are New Only.
Feeling a Little Anxious?
The same poses are taught in each class so every class is appropriate for beginners. Every session is open to new students and you may drop in to any class. Each class has students of varying levels of experience and proficiency.
Come to class with a sense of humor and self compassion. For many, it takes a while to feel fully competent in the poses. Just know that everyone there remembers what it was like to be new to Original Hot Yoga. You will love the comraderie and support from the yoga family.
How to Prepare for Class
FAQs | Testimonials | Benefits | Amenities
- Plan to arrive with plenty of time to park in our giant parking lot (which is Always FREE), sign-in, change clothes and be ready to begin on time
- Each class is 90-minutes
- Prior experience is not required
- Anyone is welcome to attend any class—just pick a time that works for you and show up
- Showers/shampoo/conditioner/bodywash and changing areas w/cubbies provided, all included in the cost of your membership, but not available at most local yoga studios.
- Women are typically most comfortable in shorts or thin cotton leggings/leotard, jog bra or halter top. Men like to wear shorts and/or bathing trunks. Since the room is heated, you want to wear something that you feel comfortable sweating in. Hot Yoga wear available for purchase at studio!
- Bring a mat & 2 Large Towels (required for class), 1 for your mat & 1 for shower. (Towels and mats are available for rent)
- Bring a bottle of water (Bottled water may be purchased at the studio)
- Drink lots of water throughout the day, not just before or during class. Proper hydration is key to so many of your body's functions. When you practice, you are simultaneously cleansing all the systems of your body from the inside out. It is important to stay hydrated so your elimination systems (bowel, urinary and skin) can support your efforts.
- Proper Hydration & Electrolytes are a must for preventing dehydration. We sell high quality electrolytes at the studio. Dehydration is possible from subjecting your body to high heat as included with The Original Hot Yoga Class. Dehydration can lead to Heat Cramps & Exhaustion. Prior to your fist session, please view the above links from the Mayo Clinic for signs, prevention, and remedies for these conditions. For example: If you do feel dizzy, nauseous, or lightheaded, please stop practicing, sit down, hydrate, step out and cool off.
- Come with an empty stomach and avoid caffeine. (Heavy meals less than 3 hours before class are not recommended, you can drink juice or eat fruits up to 1 hour before class.)
- Please no perfumes, scents or smoke smells. Use WIN detergent available in our boutique for fresh smelling yoga gear.
- Students under the age of 18 need a parent's signature on their registration form.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR FIRST CLASS
- You may feel very tired after class. This is absolutely normal and a good sign that your body is cleansing. Your energy levels should be restored to normal within several classes.
- You may find yourself feeling extremely energetic and experience difficulty sleeping. Don't worry-this is a good sign that the yoga is truly filling you up with energy. You don't have insomnia, you just have more time to do the things you enjoy.
- You may feel sore or stiff the day after your first class. Come back to class as soon as possible! Your body is waking up and coming alive and you want to keep the process going!
- You may feel nauseous, dizzy or have a headache after class. This could be a sign that you are dehydrated. Please drink lots of water before returning to class. Or it could be a sign that you were trying so hard that you weren't breathing normally. Please breathe normally during every posture.
- You may experience some skin irritation. This too is normal, it means that the skin is releasing toxins. Showering directly after class will wash the toxins away. It will also help normalize the body temperature.
- You may feel very hungry after class for a while, or you might lose your appetite completely. Both reactions are normal. If you are concerned about your weight, don't worry too much either way. Once you get into a regular practice pattern, your appetite and your weight will normalize. You'll find yourself feeling and looking leaner and younger.
- Please do not let the yoga room door slam when you come and go.
- Please turn off cell phones & pagers & leave them in the lobby—never bring them into the classroom or changing rooms. (Exceptions to Dr.'s)
- Please drink plenty of water throughout the day, before coming to class, & after class. Hydration is very important.
- Please sign in & print legibly.
- Be on time to class.
- Please have clean feet, body, & be perfume/smoke free.
- Please feel free to ask pertinent questions; we are here to help you learn and transform!
- Put your shoes on the boot trays instead of leaving them on the floor. Pay special attention particularly in the winter.
- Please refrain from talking in the yoga room when people are in Savasana. Many students use the time before class to quietly prepare for class.
- Do your very best to stay in the yoga room once the class begins. If you need to step out to cool off, or rest, please exit & enter between poses.
- Please, no glass containers allowed. We are barefoot!
- The teacher will indicate the point in class when everyone takes their first water break.
- Honor the silence of the room by moving quietly.
- Focus on only yourself on the mirror.
- Regular detergent is not enough to keep the embedded, resurfacing odor on your yoga clothes and mats away after you begin sweating during class. This process may disturb your fellow classmates near & far. "WIN" Detergent (available in lobby) is the best specialty product for deodorizing your clothes.
- Please do not let the yoga room door slam when you come and go.
- When you are done with your final Savasana, please take your yoga mat, towel, and other accessories with you to make room for the next class. Please transport your mat/towel in a "U" shape to avoid leaking.
- If you sweat through your mat, you will need to purchase a WAY mat from the lobby. It is a machine washable towel & mat in one.
- Please observe silence after the final Savasana. No loud breathing, etc.
- If showering, please limit your shower to 3 minutes. Be considerate of others.
- If using a rented mat, please thoroughly spray cleaner on both sides at the mat cleaning station in the lobby, wipe down, & hang to dry in yoga room.
- If you leave items at the studio, they are probably a sweaty mess. Please retrieve them immediately—please do not wait until your next class.
- Sorry; we are unable to provide mat storage.
- Lost and found mats are placed outside the front door for quick & easy pickup.
- Enjoy the peace & energy you're taking with you from class. Make up your mind to come back tomorrow!