Original Hot Hot Yoga Is Good For The Universe!
Be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi
We love our local community and are grateful to live in wonderful Traverse City, on this beautiful and sacred planet!
It's not enough to live in a community, or to be a part of community. We contribute to our community, and we are grateful to be able to volunteer with local organizations on a regular basis.
We also encourage our students to do Seva (Sanskrit: Selfless Service) by helping whomever and wherever they can, along with participating in local Soup Kitchens, and other non profit organizations.
Seva gets you Free Original Hot Yoga Classes!
1 hour of "Seva" at any approved volunteer spot & you get 1 free yoga class!
LIMIT: 10 classes, or 10 hours per year per student.
Must have current package.
Here are some volunteer ideas that you may be interested in.
We donate lesson packages and contribute to the fundraising efforts of many local organizations including:
- Art Center Women's Resource
- AuSable River Canoe Marathon
- Big Little Hero Race
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Cherry Knoll Elementary
- Eastern PTO Fundraiser
- Elk Rapids Schools
- Elk Rapids We are E.R.
- Family Wisdom Conference
- Festival of Races
- Festival of Tables
- Friends Of Michigan Midwives Benefit Concert
- Gladhander Auction
- Grand Rapids Buddhist Temple and Zen Center
- Grand Traverse Academy
- Grand Traverse Pavilions
- Jodi Ream Benefit
- Kid's Food Basket
- Kingsley Project Graduation
- Lady Trojans of Traverse City Central (Ladies Golf Team)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- NMC Business Partner
- NMC "Food for Thought" Food donation drop-off site 2012-15
- Path Funder for Path Finder School
- Polar Plunge
- "Red Hot Best Bash for Red Hot Causes" Traverse Magazine
- Run Across Ethiopia / Higher Grounds
- Safe Passage Fiesta
- Symphony Ball
- TC Breakers Swim Club
- TCAPS Montessori
- The Bayside Bombshell's Burlesque Troupe
- Traverse City Turkey Trot
- Traverse City Conservation District
- Women's Resource Center
- Women's Road Ralley
- Youth Girl's Softball
We are also a 16 year Community Partner with "Oryana" Natural Food Cooperative.
Lastly, we offer employee discounts to many local businesses and discounts for youths, seniors, military – (active, veteran, families), college students, & offer hardship programs.
In addition to the financial & service oriented support we extend to our community, our students also offer their extra time and outstanding talent as volunteers for the following organizations: